Skip to main content

Irritable

I woke up this morning very irritable. I would say I don't know why, but clearly I have a pretty good idea. I'm trying to really enjoy the next few weeks with my girls (both my children, and my "girls") and keep life as normal as possible. But as I lay on the couch with Reagan on one side, and Charlotte on the other, watching Saturday morning cartoons..I can't help but tear up knowing that in a few weeks, they won't be able to lay on me for a very long time. Okay, okay... 4-6 weeks isn't a VERY long time... but it is when your babies are young and you know how fast they grow up. I am desperately going to miss Charlie girl sitting on my lap, sticking her face in mine and saying "Hi Mommy!" about 80 times every 10 minutes. I'm going to miss my Reagy snuggling up and letting me play with her hair while we chat and watch tv.

Knowing life is about to change makes it hard for me to be completely normal right now. But I'm trying.

The other reason I'm pretty peeved today is that we don't have a surgery date set yet. I know Dr. Metkus and Dr. Griffin need to coordinate schedules, and that can take time... but I have a tumor in me that I NEED out NOW. The longer it's in there (now that I'm aware of it), the more it skeeves me out. I have panic attacks that it's growing super fast and will take over my body soon.  I know that's not how it works and if the Doctors are okay pushing this out a few weeks it isn't going to change the outcome. But still... I need to know the date the "girls" are going to the guillotine.

Comments

  1. Hi Melissa,

    I just wanted to let you know I'm rooting for you. I will be tracking your progress thru your blog. We haven't met yet (I'm a friend of Holly's) but you and your family are in my thoughts in prayers.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog, Melissa! I'm checking it everyday!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Baaaaaaccccckkkkk.......

6 years.... that's how long it's been since I finished with active treatment. However, I took Tamoxifen for 5 years to squash any estrogen left in my body. I recently switched over to a "tougher" aromatase inhibitor call arimidex. These drugs provided comfort and faith that I was doing everything in my power to prevent a recurrence. Guess what?! They failed me. Big time. It's back, and it's back all over. After months of hip pain that my NP chalked up repeatedly to muscle pain, she finally sent me to an orthopedist. He took X-rays and did NOT like what he saw. Additional blood work and bone scans have led to the diagnosis of cancer pretty much throughout my skeletal system. Metastases were found in the skull, scapula, multiple ribs, pelvis, both hips, and spine. Definitely NOT the news I was expecting nor wanting to hear. After an afternoon of crying and occasionally feeling like I was going to throw up, Matt and I met with Dr. Adler, my oncologist. He was...

Beauty in Life and Death

This is Matt unfortunately Melissa did not get finish her last entry so I will take it from here.  I will try not to have any typos or grammatical errors.  Melissa would really not like that, but she was my official proof reader for all important documents. Melissa and I always strived to look for beauty even in the darkest of times.  It is not always easy but it is always there when you look hard enough.  Our situation the last year and half have not been ideal there were lots of tears and dark times, but the beauty was overwhelming. Whether it was a note, meal, flowers, or text a a low point or just the love we felt from family or friends.  The beauty was there.  We had so many people praying for us and for Melissa to beat cancer once and for all, but I also prayed that Melissa would be pain free and if it was God's will that she passed peacefully.  Melissa was in so much pain last year.  She did not let her slow her down but she was hurting...

Devastation

The results are in and they are absolutely not what we were hoping for or expecting. I officially suck at reading CT Scan results. My sister in law, Jess, came with me to the appointment yesterday since Matt had to work. I wasn't expecting bad news as I figured it was time we heard something GOOD, so I told him to save his time off for when I really need him. Well, turns out I really needed him yesterday. The cancer is active in my lungs and liver as well as my bones. F*$%!!!! As hard as I tried to remain strong, I broke down crying in Dr. Adler's office. So did Jess, and Dr. Adler himself was a little teary eyed. He said I "hopefully" have a few years left. Well, he has no idea how hard I'm about to fight...although it's taken me a full 24 hours to process the news and get to this point. The news seemed to continue to get worse. Originally treatment was going to be hormone based pills, immunotherapy stuff. But due to the fact that my liver and lungs are...