Skip to main content

Scratch That....

Ughhhh.... The representative for the Live Strong, Live Well program called me yesterday. Class has been cancelled. I'm sooo bummed. I knew it wasn't going to be a big class (actually, I was glad about that). But of the five of us enrolled, I was the only one that confirmed. Three people still feel "too weak" from chemo to exercise. And one person died. Yikes. Okay, yes, of course I feel sorry for whomever that was. But really.. what's up with those other 3 people?! I wanted to ask for their names and numbers and call them myself and get them to re consider. But, having just gone through the glories of chemo myself..I guess I'll cut them some slack.

In my head the class was going to be a bunch of people about my age. Turns out my joke about the Zumba class at the old folks home probably hit closer to home than I thought.

Anyway, I'm now enrolled in the January class. I guess it gives me something to look forward to.

And... LAST treatment is tomorrow!!!!! I can't even describe how excited I am right now. It's like the night before Christmas..I'm so excited I may not be able to sleep tonight.

Comments

  1. You made it! You are a "Survivor". I knew this day would come. I cried last night, but the tears were from relief and joy not fear and worry. Now you need to concentrate on living your life and enjoying every single moment of it. Your life was controlled by cancer since January and now it's time to take back control. Eat healthy,exercise to keep fit, raise your children and love your husband. He is a very special person, your rock. Love Mama

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Baaaaaaccccckkkkk.......

6 years.... that's how long it's been since I finished with active treatment. However, I took Tamoxifen for 5 years to squash any estrogen left in my body. I recently switched over to a "tougher" aromatase inhibitor call arimidex. These drugs provided comfort and faith that I was doing everything in my power to prevent a recurrence. Guess what?! They failed me. Big time. It's back, and it's back all over. After months of hip pain that my NP chalked up repeatedly to muscle pain, she finally sent me to an orthopedist. He took X-rays and did NOT like what he saw. Additional blood work and bone scans have led to the diagnosis of cancer pretty much throughout my skeletal system. Metastases were found in the skull, scapula, multiple ribs, pelvis, both hips, and spine. Definitely NOT the news I was expecting nor wanting to hear. After an afternoon of crying and occasionally feeling like I was going to throw up, Matt and I met with Dr. Adler, my oncologist. He was...

Beauty in Life and Death

This is Matt unfortunately Melissa did not get finish her last entry so I will take it from here.  I will try not to have any typos or grammatical errors.  Melissa would really not like that, but she was my official proof reader for all important documents. Melissa and I always strived to look for beauty even in the darkest of times.  It is not always easy but it is always there when you look hard enough.  Our situation the last year and half have not been ideal there were lots of tears and dark times, but the beauty was overwhelming. Whether it was a note, meal, flowers, or text a a low point or just the love we felt from family or friends.  The beauty was there.  We had so many people praying for us and for Melissa to beat cancer once and for all, but I also prayed that Melissa would be pain free and if it was God's will that she passed peacefully.  Melissa was in so much pain last year.  She did not let her slow her down but she was hurting...

Devastation

The results are in and they are absolutely not what we were hoping for or expecting. I officially suck at reading CT Scan results. My sister in law, Jess, came with me to the appointment yesterday since Matt had to work. I wasn't expecting bad news as I figured it was time we heard something GOOD, so I told him to save his time off for when I really need him. Well, turns out I really needed him yesterday. The cancer is active in my lungs and liver as well as my bones. F*$%!!!! As hard as I tried to remain strong, I broke down crying in Dr. Adler's office. So did Jess, and Dr. Adler himself was a little teary eyed. He said I "hopefully" have a few years left. Well, he has no idea how hard I'm about to fight...although it's taken me a full 24 hours to process the news and get to this point. The news seemed to continue to get worse. Originally treatment was going to be hormone based pills, immunotherapy stuff. But due to the fact that my liver and lungs are...